HB91 - Graduation Petition Process for CCHS Students - Governor Nathan Deal signed House Bill 91 into law on March 30, thereby creating new code section, O.C.G.A. §20-2-281.1. This law provided that students shall no longer be required to earn a passing score on any graduation tests to earn a high school diploma.
105 Darbyshire Road
Norman Park, GA 31771
229.890.6141, Fax 229.890.6166
Follow THIS LINK to buy tickets for Friday night's game at South Forsyth.
On behalf of the students and staff of Colquitt County High School, a Title I school, welcome to our web site. CCHS provides a wide-range of academic, activity, and sports programs where we prepare students for today’s world and their future. Our facility houses more than 1,700 students, grades 10-12, and our faculty and support staff. The school day begins at 8:06 AM and ends at 3:20 PM.
This past week, sixteen Colquitt County students were nominated for the Governor's Honors Program, joining the top 2% of sophomores and juniors statewide who will vie for a spot in the select summer program held each year at Valdosta State University. Colquitt County's nominees are..
- Aaron Chui
- Evelyn Fagan
- Garrett Harrell
- Zach Holland
- Kobe Kenney
- Gabi Lirio
- Hanna Martin
- Bryce Mathis
- James Mercer
- Annie Murphy
- Shelby Parrish
- Rebekah Rutledge
- Rebekah Viohl
- Madison Weeks
- Savonte Wilson
- Brandon Yates
Colquitt County High School’s most recent public high school graduation rate has been released by the Georgia Department of Education. We are pleased to announce that the graduation rate rose more than 11 percentage points over the previous year from 81.80 to 93.156 percent. Colquitt County High School far surpassed the average graduation rate of 78.8 for the state of Georgia.
Morgan Hart, Lexie Radcliff, Garrett Harrell placed second in the United States with their Ag Marketing entry at the National competition in Louisville in October.
CCHS Student Seth Wright has been named a
Commended Student in the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program
Final Four in National Competition
Congratulations to 50th Regiment on a 3rd place overall finish at the Coffee
Marching Invitational on Saturday October 10th in Douglas, GA. The band
received straight superiors, 1st place percussion, drum majors, and band in
class. 2nd place guard in class. Packer Point of Pride!
Visit the Scholarship page through the Guidance website or stop in at Counselors' Corner for your application for scholarships offered through local sources.
Partnership for Success is selling car stickers! They are $5 each and can be purchased in Room 103.
Please support this partnership of our regular ed and special ed students!
To enter this contest, submit artwork or an essay on theme of "Ten Days, Ten Weeks, Ten Months, Ten Years: What can YOU accomplish?" For more information, visit the Atlantic Institute Website.
The top three winners in each category will be awarded an international trip to Germany and Turkey.
You do not have to sign up - just show up in Lab 112. Credit recovery will be every Mon - Thu afternoon from 3:30 - 5:00 and on Saturday from 9:00 - 11:00 am. Don't procrastinate - be there today!
Help CCHS earn points just by shopping at Harvey’s.
What do the points earn? There are over 2,000 educational items from which we can choose for our school, including audiovisual equipment, computers, science materials, art supplies and much more.
Who can sign up? All teachers, faculty, parents, students, anyone who shops at Harvey’s.
Here is how you do it:
1. If you do not have a Harvey’s Hometown Rewards Key, you will need to pick up an application at Harvey’s to fill out. Once you have the key, please follow the steps below.
2. If you have a Harvey’s Hometown Rewards Key, click on this link to register: http://www.harveyseducationalrewards.com/cardno.php
3. Enter the 11 digit code.
4. Fill out your contact information. Click save.
5. Enter our 5 digit school number: 43597, Or search for our school name (It is Colquitt Co Sr High School). Click find.
6. Once you see our school name, click Add
7. Once you see CCHS added, then make sure to sign out.
8. That is it. Then when you go shopping make sure to use your new Harvey’s Rewards Key and points will be provided to our school.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING CCHS!
The Moultrie chapter of Woodmen Life (formerly Woodmen of the World), donated flags for the new CCHS Building. The presentation ceremony was held Tuesday, July 28th, 2015. Shown are members of the group with CCHS administrators.
Ms. Crenshaw was awarded with the Career Guidance Award at the 2015 GACTE Summer Conference.
Adrienne Smith, CCHS agriculture teacher, received the "Teachers Turn the Key" award for the GVATA (Georgia Vocational Agriculture Teacher's Association). It qualifies her to attend the NAAE (national association of agriculture educators) conference in New Orleans in November to attend professional development events for a week. The program honors young teachers who have exhibited excellence in all 3 parts of the agricultural education model (classroom instruction, FFA advisor, and supervising students in their supervised agricultural experience projects).
- State Cross Country Honors to:
- To Elizabeth Funderburk and Jake Merritt who were selected to the Georgia Mile Split "South of the Border" Team. Elizabeth was a 1st team selection while Jake was honorable mention selection to the team. Only 24 girls and 26 boys were selected.
- Congratulations to our 2015 College Board AP Scholars:
- Daylen Brock, Holly Cooper, Rosie Cooper, Allison Fagan, Selyna Gant, Kimberly Glover, Henry Hagin, Vicente Maldonado-Garcia, Billie Mills, Yash Pandey, Mayra Ramirez Rubio, Cayla Rogers, Taylor Rutledge, Danyela Salas, Brooklyn Sheets, Alex Sparks, Courtney Terrell, Elizabeth Woods, Seth Wright, Olivia Zeigler
- 2015 AP Scholars with Honor:
- Kelsey Dickerson, Cory Glow, Chase Morgan, Sean Passmore, Brianna Stone, Lyle Tostenson
- 2015 College Board AP Scholars with Distinction:
Heather Globerman, Will Hall
- 2015 College Board AP International Diploma Recipient:
- Current Colquitt County High School senior Selyna Gant was recognized for her outstanding work in Advanced Placement classes over the past first three years. She is the first CCHS student in five years to earn this distinction, which recognizes high performance across multiple academic areas in some of the most difficult courses offered at CCHS.
- Congratulations to CCHS Athletic Director Kevin Giddens who was named the AAAAAA State Athletic Director of the Year!
- Mr. Stacey Beacham for being named President of the Georgia Vocational Agriculture Teachers Association. This organization has over 400 members who teach agriculture at middle and high schools across the state of Georgia.
The Georgia Department of Education has released a new video, designed to provide an introduction to the Georgia Milestones Assessment System. This short, animated video provides a friendly overview of our new assessment. The video highlights the purpose of the assessment, the types of questions that students will see, and the types of feedback that students, parents, and educators will receive.
You can now follow Mrs. Terrell's Tweets about CCHS by signing in to your Twitter account and following @CCHSPackers. |
CCHS has partnered with Fuel My Club, an online coupon app for your phone. We have many local coupons as well as national coupons listed in the app. If you are a local business and would like to host a coupon on this platform, please contact Principal Stephanie Terrell. Participating clubs include Spanish Club, Band, Choir, the School Store, and the CCHS Scholarship Fund. Click on the image to support a club of your choice. Thank you.